" Any disorderly conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or a junior student.
Indulging in a rowdy or indisciplined activities which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or Psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in a fresher or a junior student.
Asking the students to do any act or perform something which such student will not do in the ordinary course and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or Psyche of a fresher or a junior student. "
Members of the Anti-ragging cell
- Dr Manas Kumar Baidya (President)
- Sri Ataur Rahaman ( Convenor)| Contact No. 94346 82614 and Email : email@example.com
- Sri Pijush Saha (TCS)| Contact No. 82504 08077 and Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Akhileshwar Prasad
- IC, English Bazar Police Station
- Swaswati Misra (Advocate)
- Smt. Gandhari Saha | Contact No. 97331 85317
- Sri Jagdeep Chowhan | Contact No. 94740 74627
- Sri Arup Roy Choudhury | Contact No. 94750 93047 and Email : email@example.com )
- Dr Anjan Kumar Chandra | (Contact No. 98311 98657)
- Dr Gautam Halder | (Contact No. 97356 84897)
- Sri Subesh Chandra Mandal
- General Secretary (Student's Council)
Mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org (Share your problems)
Ragging constitutes of one or more of any of the following acts
- Any kind of misconduct to a student of an educational institution, which causes physical or psychological harm.
- Forcing a student to do any act against his/her willingness.
- Targeting a student on the ground of his colour, race, religion, caste, gender, sexual orientation, linguistic identity or economic background.
- Deliberately creating a sense of shame or embarassing a junior student or fresher.
- Force students to perform acts which can lead to physical injury/ mental torture or death.
Punishment for ragging
- Gurdian call and Class suspension according to the degree of offence
- Disallowing to appear in test examination
- Financial punishment
- Expulsion from hostel
- Rustification from College (if fault is severe)
- Holding back results
- Cancellation of admission
- Imprisonment as per ‘West Bengal Prohibition of Ragging in Educational Institutions act, 2000’.
- The Committee keeps a deep observation over any kind of act of ragging inside the campus (Classrooms, Canteens, Grounds, Hostels etc) and take prompt action.
- Anti-ragging banners are placed at various places of the campus and all the hostels to alert the students about this criminal offence.
- Frequent and surprise visits are done to the hostels (both boys and girls) and private conversation are done with the new comers so that they can share any kind of embarassing experiences that they may have faced.
- Emergency helpline number and email contact has been given so that any student can report any kind of ragging incident inside the campus.
- The Anti-ragging cell shows zero tolerance against any such reported act and strict measures are taken to curb the menace of Ragging.