" Any disorderly conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or a junior student.
Indulging in a rowdy or indisciplined activities which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or Psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in a fresher or a junior student.
Asking the students to do any act or perform something which such student will not do in the ordinary course and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or Psyche of a fresher or a junior student. "
Members of the Anti-ragging cell
- Dr Manas Kumar Baidya (President)
- Sri Ataur Rahaman (Convenor) | Contact No. 94346 82614 and Email : email@example.com
- Dr. Mahasweta Ray (Joint Convenor)| Contact No. 9434186070 and Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sri Pijush Kanti Saha (TCS) | Contact No. 9434052057 and Email : email@example.com
- IC, English Bazar Police Station
- Sri Deb Kishore Majumder | Advocate, Malda Bar Association
- Sri Sunil Chandra Das | Secretary, Vigyan Mancha, Malda
- Sri Sebak Debsharma | Media Person
- Dr. Arup Roychoudhury | Chairman of Hostels
- Smt. Gandhari Saha | Presiding Officer, ICC
- Sri Jagdip Kumar Chowhan | Contact No. 9434323578 and Email :firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Kankan Sarkar | Contact No. 9733207160 and Email : email@example.com
- Sri Subesh Chandra Mandal | Contact No. 9064786903 and Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Smt. Arpita Sarkar | Contact No. 9434680730 and Email : email@example.com
- Md Intejar Ali | Contact No. 9851842248 and Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shri Koushik Goswami | Contact No. 9547792023 and Email : email@example.com
- Shri Santosh Roy | Contact No. 9434468426 and Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shri Bulbul Mandal | Contact No. 9434323860 and Email : email@example.com
- Shri Sujan Nepali | Contact No. 7584903800 and Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Smt. Joshli Das | Contact No. 8670900495 and Email : email@example.com
- General Secretary (Student's Council)
- Prefects (All Student's Hostels)
Mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Admitted students are informed to share problems through their ERP Login instant feedback)
Ragging constitutes of one or more of any of the following acts
- Any kind of misconduct to a student of an educational institution, which causes physical or psychological harm.
- Forcing a student to do any act against his/her willingness.
- Targeting a student on the ground of his colour, race, religion, caste, gender, sexual orientation, linguistic identity or economic background.
- Deliberately creating a sense of shame or embarassing a junior student or fresher.
- Force students to perform acts which can lead to physical injury/ mental torture or death.
Punishment for ragging
- Gurdian call and Class suspension according to the degree of offence
- Disallowing to appear in test examination
- Financial punishment
- Expulsion from hostel
- Rustification from College (if fault is severe)
- Holding back results
- Cancellation of admission
- Imprisonment as per 'West Bengal Prohibition of Ragging in Educational Institutions act, 2000'.
- The Committee keeps a deep observation over any kind of act of ragging inside the campus (Classrooms, Canteens, Grounds, Hostels etc) and take prompt action.
- Anti-ragging banners are placed at various places of the campus and all the hostels to alert the students about this criminal offence.
- Frequent and surprise visits are done to the hostels (both boys and girls) and private conversation are done with the new comers so that they can share any kind of embarassing experiences that they may have faced.
- Emergency helpline number and email contact has been given so that any student can report any kind of ragging incident inside the campus.
- The Anti-ragging cell shows zero tolerance against any such reported act and strict measures are taken to curb the menace of Ragging.