The Department of Computer Science and Applications was established in the academic year 2001-02 as a complete and separate self-financing unit under the tutelage of the same Principal and same Governing Body of Malda College. The G.B., Malda College has formed an Individual Committee viz. Monitoring Committee which used to take decision about the development of the department. This department was set-up predominantly to cater the demand of the local people, who want to study the recent technologies within an affordable fee. Primarily there was a single course offered by the department namely Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA). From 2003-04 a new course B. Sc. in Computer Science has been started as a honours course by the department to fulfil the desire of the people.
- Name of the department : Department of Computer Science and Applications
- Year of Establishment : 2001
- Names of Programmes / Courses offered
||Level of Study
||Cut off Marks at Entry Level in %
|B.Sc Honours (Computer Science)
||45% for General Categories & 40% for SC/Students from Science Stream having Math & Physics as subjects in 10+2 level ST
||No fixed cut off marks by the University or College.10+2 passed students having Math/ Computer Application/Computer Science as a subject in +2 level
The department presently follows the course syllabus both in Computer Science(H) and BCA framed and approved by the concerned Board of Studies under the jurisdiction of University of Gour Banga.
Annual/ semester/choice based credit system (programme wise):
- B.Sc C.S. (Hons): Annual System
- B.C.A. : Semester System
- University conducts final examination after completion of each year for B.Sc. in Computer Science (H) as Part-I, Part-II & Part-III And after completion of each six months for B.C.A. as Sem-1, Sem-2, Sem-3, Sem-4, Sem-5 & Sem-6 respectively.
- Besides, the Department organizes class tests on a regular basis for both C.S. (H) & B.C.A and also take a test centrally just before University final exam for C.S.(H) only.